Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Is that your hand up my backside, or...


The year was 1981 and Jim' Henson's popular Muppets burst onto the big screen. Audiences loved THE MUPPET MOVIE but it was Craig McNamara's keen eye that noted a canny resemblance between certain members of the creative department and stars of the film:


CRAIG adds:  Here's a little additional background as I remember it.  Deanna O. had pinned up a photo of her boyfriend ("Moosebutt," as I recall she nicknamed him) on the wall next to her drawing board.  That cued the three of us to pin our own photos alongside.  When that joke wore off, I stuck us below the Muppet photo that had run in the MN Daily Arts & Entertainment section (I think it was "The Great Muppet Caper" that had just come out) and wrote the caption.  Jeff (naturally) took it a step further, and gave us the appropriate props.

No comments:

Post a Comment